2016 CLUB DINNER PARTY CHANGE OF VENUE

After much discussion (should we cancel the Ceilidh Place and book the Royal for 2016; what about The Arch, etc) and prompted by an email from Donald (The Hon Don), an exasperated Lady Commodore has had the final say. After all, she has to organise it. 



So, no more discussion please: the venue is booked, and the menu decided.

For those who would like to read the full story, here is the exchange of emails. First from Donald:

Hi all

I woke up angry yesterday  and after some thought had a word with Effie and Beccy. They've agreed to cancel the booking for the Club Dinner at the Celidh Place after a bit of persuasion. However, as you didn't seem to want to go to the Royal this year Adrian, I thought we could try somewhere else. 

We've been to the Arch, F.B. I., Morefield and C4th in my time with the Club as well as the C.P. and Royal so, I went to the Caley and had a word with Andrew. 

The upshot is he'll do us a 4  course dinner for £20 with a complimentary drink and house wine @£10 a litre so I've  booked the Caley for the 10th Dec.with a £100 deposit. For  an extra fiver a head, Andrew will throw in a band...called "Hunt-the-Gowk"...so should I book that as well?

 All comments welcome.

 Cheers, Donald 



And Rona's (definitive) response:



Good morning Honourable Donald,

Gosh, I never thought of the Caley. And  'Hunt-the-Gowk' are tipped for a Mercury this year! I do wish you had let me know earlier because I, too, thought a change would be good and have provisionally booked the Travelodge in Inverness. For those who don't want to drive back same night, they'll do a room deal (£25 instead of £29) and 'kids go free' – a bonus for our family members. They can give us Dec 8 or 15, both Thursdays which I thought would be good because a) it frees up the weekend for people and b) some like might take the opportunity to go Christmas shopping in Inverness on Friday.

The 'Wintermass Wonderland' dinner is just £17.50 for three courses AND a glass of red (Lambrusco) or white (Blue Nun) or Pepsi: corn on the cob with crunchy Christmas coleslaw; turkey breast slice with 'whisky' gravy and 2 chipolatas plus unlimited visits to Santa's Salad Sled; pudding is Rudolph's red-nose trifle (each portion is topped with a glace cherry). Coffee and a Matchmaker (choice of mint or plain) is extra £2 pp.

No band unfortunately but for an extra tenner we can hire the Travelodge Kristmas Karol Karaoke – they can put tinsel round the mic.
I've spent quite a bit of time talking to various venues and it is going to be a bit of headache to un-book this one. I realise, however that you have also put in a lot of effort – there are pros and cons for each venue so I suggest we put it to the vote at the next committee meeting and go with the majority decision.

All best,

Rona