JSW

JSW
The newest addition to the LBSC fleet, Hope, skipper Martin Shairp, plays host to thirsty members at the end of the Campbell's Trophy race to Isle Martin which, by rights, her skipper firmly believes, if there's any justice, she will have won (he'll learn...)

Draft committee meeting minutes 6th July

   



Minutes of Committee Meeting 6th July 2018 at 19:30 outside the Clubhouse (draft)

1)      Present/Apologies

Present: Donald Buchanan (Chair & Commodore DB), Paul Copestake (PC), David Dawson (Secretary DD), Dave Maxwell (Treasurer DM), Adrian Morgan (Vice Commodore AM), John Osborne (JO), Sandy Osborne (SO), Nat Wilson.
Apologies: Gilly Meighan, Bobby and Alison Osborne,  Rona Johnson, Gill Wilson, Morag Forrest, John Mitchell.

2)      Approval of Draft Minutes of Previous Meetings

The proposals to approve the minutes of the committee meetings of 1st June 2018 were proposed and duly approved.

3)      Matters Arising (not dealt with elsewhere)

None

4)      Wee Pier/Clubhouse

SO reported work largely complete. Still to do: replacement railings beside the pavement.
Low railing at pier start to protect cars/people from drop.
Harbour Trust thanked in the UN. Note to Donald, should we have thanked Sandy? My  UN note said thanks to harbour tust and harbourmaster
DM to send current and future electricity bills to UHT. DM
NB Metre readings for Lochshell period amount to £374 (14.42p/unit +5% VAT)

5)      FF Report

Payment £100 cash agreed to Roy MacGregor for moving the Club trot back into its original position. DM & DB
FF Trailers, AM’s to stay at the top of the pier others to be stored elsewhere. All
Work needed on the Club’s ffavanious NW.

6)      Junior Sailing – Pico Week 23 – 28 July

18 young people signed up and all preparation proceeding well DM. Pioner to be on trot for the week and rib to be available with replaced prop guard SO.

7)      Clubhouse

AM thanked for his work sorting the Clubs building and surrounds following completion of Wee Pier works.
Dinghy Rack – work planned for autumn hopefully using the railings to the pavement shortly to be replaced by UHT. JO?
Picos to be stored on the road trailer towards the West slip with alongside Toppers. Moving East, dinghies to be next followed by Skiffs at the top of the pier. Pending the dinghy rack, inflatable dinghies to remain against road revetment. Work party for Pico and Topper dinghies 14th July. All
It was proposed that tiedown eyes be added to the dinghy park. PC?
Parking to be short stay only, it was noted that UHT intend removing vehicles and trailers overstaying with their Manitou. Orderly parking behind the Royal is available. Club members to be advised of parking and dinghy storage policy and to remind members of Gael force club account and forthcoming ‘thank you’ event? DB
The possible addition of a shower in the changing room was discussed. Likely cost around £500. Concerns about maintenance and particularly safeguarding at Pico week were raised and no actions agreed at this stage.
Plans for a new upper floor were tabled and it was agreed that PC & DB and others meet planning officer Dorothy Stott to advise planning acceptability of proposal. PC DB


Main cruise to Orkney completed. Campbell Cup 11th August NW to talk to the Isle Martin Trust. Regatta 25th -26th August.

9)      Treasurer’s Report

The club has around £9k ‘free’ after payment of £1.5k for insurance and £2k agreed contribution to asphalt to dinghy park. Insurance terms to be commented on NW.

10)  Club Social events


Given the poor start to the season’s sailing as a result of the Wee pier work, it is proposed that an event involving UHT, skiffs and the Club be held to celebrate the new Wee Pier with a provisional date of 4th August. DB/All

11)  AOB
None

Dates
Next meeting TBA

There being no other business, the meeting finished at 20:23

No comments:

Post a Comment