JSW

JSW
Moorings are a constant source of worry for those with boats overwintering, or even just in for the season. Peace of mind is worth a great deal. But how best to achieve that? Read on below...

Committee Meeting 2nd March, 4pm: A preview...

** A committee meeting has been pencilled in for Saturday 2 March at 4pm. Agenda and draft minutes of the last meeting below.

However, for those new to the club, or new to the committee and its Byzantine workings, here by popular demand is a brief description of how the LBSC makes its decisions.

NB. Those who have been members for 30 years or more will already know the rules, which are:

1. Committee meetings are convened simply to rubber stamp decisions made prior to the meeting at The Royal Bar.

2. The Commodore invariably starts by hoping the meeting will be brief (laughter).

3. The high and low points of the past season are debated. The lows, arguably, have been lower than ever, until those who have been in the club for ever point out that compared to some of the lows in the past these lows could in fact be considered as highs (applause).

4. There will be a discussion about dinghy parking (inconclusive)

5. Actions agreed at committee meetings are invariably not actioned by the time of the next meeting.

6. The Commodore's decision is final, unless there are objections, which is often the case, in which case the Commodore's decision is not final.

NB The Secretary reserves the right to amend the minutes as, in any case, no one present will remember what's been agreed anyway.

The committee repairs to The Royal to unpick any decisions and formulate new ones.

...er, that's about it.

** Redacted  by request



      Loch Broom Sailing Club
Draft Agenda – Saturday 2nd March 2019 in the Clubhouse at 4:00pm

1)      Present/Apologies

2)      Approval of Draft Minutes of Previous Meeting

19th January 2019 (Last full committees)

3)      Matters Arising (not dealt with elsewhere) – AGM 30th Mar

4)      Wee Pier update

5)      FF's: Update

6)      Junior Sailing Update

7)      Clubhouse: Update

8)      Treasurer Update

9)      Club Social Update

10)  Cruising Update




      Loch Broom Sailing Club
Minutes of Committee Meeting 19th January 2019 at 15:30 in the Clubhouse

1)      Present/Apologies

Present: Donald Buchanan (Chair & Commodore: DB), Paul Copestake (PC), David Dawson (Secretary: DD), Dave Maxwell (Treasurer: DM), Gilly Meighan (GM). Adrian Morgan (Vice Commodore: AM), Alison Osborne (AO), Bobby Osborne (BO), Sandy Osborne (SO), Nat Wilson.(NW),

Apologies:, Rona Johnson, Gill Wilson, Morag Forrest, John Mitchell.

2)      Approval of Draft Minutes of Previous Meetings

The proposal to approve the minutes of the committee meeting of 6th October 2018 was proposed (DM & SO) and duly approved.

3)      Matters Arising (not dealt with elsewhere)  None

4)      Wee Pier Update

SO reported that the time has come for the snagging work for the wee pier development including: removing some rails at the top of the slip and increasing access to the slip, work on the bund, the burn is veering back to its original path and will need further training. SO The old pavement handrails have been removed by UHT.

The drain that crosses the dinghy park blocks easily and will need continuous clearing so it was agreed not to bolt the covers down.

SO told the meeting that UHT will not expect the £2k asphalt contribution previously agreed; LBSC requested to keep the dinghy park tidy. Thankyou letter to UHT. DB

Bolts to be added to the armour stones round the dinghy park and the wall beside the ramp to the road. All

5)      FF Update

Moorings: The club trot must be inspected annually with the last inspection in June 18 when the trot was replaced after the Pier work. SO to contact UHT with a view of asking for the divers that inspect the UHT moorings to stay for some extra days to inspect others. SO.

Club Boats: Mike Connor’s ff is likely to be for sale and could replace the weakest club ff Ffavonious. There was a discussion about acquiring Mike’s boat and it was agreed that up to £500 the club should proceed DB  It was agreed that we aim for the Club’s insurance cover three boats for the same cost, reducing the insured value of each boat so that the aggregate value is kept to the current £3k. DB

6)      Junior Sailing Update

Date agreed for the training week is 8th July.
Possible extra instructor Jack Nutter a very experienced sailor. DM
Possible evening session with parents. AM/PC
It was agreed to buy an extra Topper rudder. AO
Club rib engine to be serviced by mobile engineer SO.

With UHT permission it is hoped to keep the Pioneer at the pontoon permanently SO
Club rib cover needs some attention AM
Insurance cover is limited to two sailing instructors.

7)      Clubhouse Update

C/F from previous meeting Plans for a new upper floor were tabled and it was agreed that PC & DB and others meet planning officer Dorothy Stott to advise planning acceptability of proposal. PC DB
Smoke alarm needed DB
The possibility of development of the club house and facilities to include other groups was discussed. No conclusion, PC proposed forming a club group to agree LBSC’s position. Membership to be consulted before any formal proposal. – Held over.


The club has around £11k ‘free’ after payment of £1.3k for insurance. In 2018 social events were financially neutral, Junior sailing small profit, Membership income £3.3k.

9)      Club Social events


After discussion, the following was agreed:
AGM 30th March @ the clubhouse followed by social event DB
Christmas event in 2019 as 2018 with changed venue DB
Prizegiving event in November DB

AM congratulated DB and PC on their presentations at the Christmas bash and all agreed.

10)  Cruising Update

SO to represent the cruising
Proposed St Kilda trip at the end of May.
Ullapool rowing regatta in late may also.
PC heading north on 28th June.

11)  AOB

Membership secretary report to be added to future agendas DD
Membership forms to be available in the clubhouse AM
Murray White to bring a Bavaria 47 to Ullapool harbour for chartering.
Amateur cycle of around 30 people wanting to use the clubhouse as a pit stop around May next year. - Agreed
Diary of events needed PC?
More club burgees and sweatshirts needed DB

Dates
2nd March

There being no other business, the meeting finished at 16:55
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment