JSW

JSW
LBSC's role in the genesis of Ullapool coastal rowing is often overlooked. Ten years after the original syndicate was formed, skiffing is thriving and provides a perfect foil to sailing for those for whom wafting about under canvas is less preferable than flapping around at the end of bits of wood... Hats off to all! W(wind)AFIs and O(oar)AFIs.

Notice of AGM on 30th March and Latest Draft Committee Minutes

Members should have a quick look at the latest approved minutes of the committee meeting held on the 19th January, posted above, along with the draft minutes of the 2018 AGM.

These will be approved (or not) at the 2019 AGM on 30 March, as outlined below.


    
Draft Minutes of Committee Meeting 2nd March 2019 at 16:00 in the Clubhouse

1)      Present/Apologies

Present: Donald Buchanan (Chair & Commodore: DB), Paul Copestake (PC), David Dawson (Secretary: DD), Gilly Meighan (GM), Sandy Osborne (SO), Nat Wilson.(NW),

Apologies:, Dave Maxwell (Treasurer: DM), Adrian Morgan (Vice Commodore: AM), Anthony O’Flaherty (AO), Gill Wilson (GW).

2)      Approval of Draft Minutes of Previous Meetings

The proposal to approve the minutes of the committee meeting of 19th January 2019 was proposed (PC & DB) and duly approved.

3)      Matters Arising (not dealt with elsewhere)  None

4)      Wee Pier Update

SO reported the completion of the work on the Wee Pier, Top of the slip widened, outer edge of the dinghy park concreted and rings added, rings also added to the roadside wall, the former bund round the bottom of the slip dug out. Letter of thanks to UHT sent.

The slime on the slip to be washed every four weeks by UHT using their deck scrubber.

More rings to be added at a lower level in the roadside wall DB/DD. Broken window catch in clubhouse to be replaced. DB

5)      FF Update

Moorings: The club trot must be inspected annually with the last inspection in June 18.
SO to approach Roy with a view of moving the trot at high tide for inspection at low water. SO.

Contact UHT with a view of asking for the divers that inspect the UHT moorings to stay for some extra days to inspect others. SO.

Club Boats: It was unanimously agreed that the club purchase Mike Connor’s ff , trailer and spares for £500 DB  C/F from last meeting - It was agreed that we aim for the Club’s insurance cover three boats for the same cost, reducing the insured value of each boat so that the aggregate value is kept to the current £3k. DB

Establish the cost of RYA formal affiliation. PC

Provisional launch date 20/4 PC Tin of antifouling rot club FFs SO/DB

6)      Junior Sailing Update W/C 8th July

Possible extra instructor Jack Nutter a very experienced sailor. DM
Possible evening session with parents. AM/PC
It was agreed to buy an extra Topper rudder. AO
Club rib engine to be serviced by mobile engineer (work in progress) SO.
With UHT permission it is hoped to keep the Pioneer at the pontoon permanently SO
Club rib cover needs some attention AM
Insurance cover is limited to two sailing instructors.
Mo & John to send out note to club members to see if any have children who want to attend DB

7)      Clubhouse Update

C/F from previous meeting Plans for a new upper floor were tabled and it was agreed that PC & DB and others meet planning officer Dorothy Stott to advise planning acceptability of proposal. PC DB
Smoke alarm sorted.
The possibility of development of the club house and facilities to include other groups was discussed. No conclusion, PC proposed forming a club group to agree LBSC’s position. Membership to be consulted before any formal proposal. – Held over.
UHT sorting our the railing following the crashed stolen Audi on the clubhouse roof.
Coldwater tap to be replaced. DB


DM had previously circulated draft accounts for 2018 for use at the forthcoming AGM.
From the previous meeting: The club has around £11k ‘free’ after payment of £1.5k for insurance. In 2018 social events were financially neutral, Junior sailing small profit, Membership income £3.3k.

9)      Club Social events

AGM 30th March @ the clubhouse followed by informal social event DB. UN to publicise the AGM DD. Authority to increase subscriptions for 2020 to be sought. DD/PC

Christmas event in 2019 as 2018 with changed venue on 14/12, the Seaforth to be approached. DB/GM

Family open day on 13th July inviting Junior sailors’ friends and parents with aim to get as many boats sailing as possible, BBQ etc. ALL

Combine FF launch on 20th April with clubhouse work day, curry night. DB

10)  Cruising Update

No formal plan yet, collate Club Calendar PC.
FF events AM
PC leaving for Ullapool circumnavigation in June, SO to St Kilda in May.
Campbell Cup 17th August
Regatta 24th August
Aim for Summer Isles cruise to coincide with Tanera open day. PC
Ullapool skiff regatta in May. 

11)  AOB

Membership secretary report to be added to future agendas DD
Membership forms are available in the clubhouse
More club burgees and sweatshirts needed DB
Future Committee Dates - None Arranged DB

There being no other business, the meeting finished at 17:30



No comments:

Post a Comment